[Asterisk-Users] No outgoping calls with ISDN

Darryl Ross daemondazz at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 19:40:13 MST 2004

Paulo Adriano wrote:

> I need some help from you. I´m using Isdn4linux with Asterisk and
> incoming calls are working but anytime I whant to make an outgoing call

I also use isdn4linux for interfacing with my BRI line. I have a macro
set up for the actual dialling:

-- start --------------------------------------------

[macro-isdnout]
;   ${ARG1} - Device to ring out on
;   ${ARG2} - Number to dial
exten => s,1,Dial(${ARG1}:${ARG2},,r)

-- end ----------------------------------------------

And then I call it like this:

-- start --------------------------------------------

exten => _[08]XXX.,1,Macro(isdnout,Modem/g0,${EXTEN})
exten => _1*XXX.,1,Macro(isdnout,Modem/g1,${EXTEN:2})

That means that if I dial a number starting with a 0 or an 8 then it
uses the g0 group in the modems.conf and if I dial a number starting
wiht a 1* then it uses the g1 group I set up in modems.conf. I set 2
groups up so that I could choose which MSN to use for the outbound
callerid (one for my 'Home' number and one for my 'Office' number).

HTH.

Regards
Darryl