[Asterisk-Users] chan_zap.c unable to register channel

Calvin S Morrow cmorrow at velocity.com
Fri Nov 5 15:12:44 MST 2004

Greetings,

I apologize for the double sending of this message.  I neglected to change to text - my apologies.

----------------------

We just recently purchaseed a TDM400P with 4 FXO modules to connect our Asterisk server with our Telephone lines.  We installed the board according to instructions, compiled version 1.0.2 zaptel modules and installed them on an SMP system.

We are running the RH9 RPMs from ftp://ftp.nacs.net/asterisk/

When attempting to start Asterisk, we are running in to the following error (and subsequent crash)

 [chan_zap.so] => (Zapata Telephony w/PRI)
  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/zapata.conf': Found
Nov  5 14:56:05 ERROR[16384]: chan_zap.c:6181 mkintf: Unable to get parameters
Nov  5 14:56:05 ERROR[16384]: chan_zap.c:9109 setup_zap: Unable to register channel '1'
Nov  5 14:56:05 WARNING[16384]: loader.c:334 ast_load_resource: chan_zap.so: load_module failed, returning -1
  == Unregistered channel type 'Tor'
  == Unregistered channel type 'Zap'
Nov  5 14:56:05 WARNING[16384]: loader.c:429 load_modules: Loading module chan_zap.so failed!

Does anyone know what may be happening here, and how to fix it?  I have tried different RPMS, and a CVS make and install on this system, and everytime I modify zapata.conf, I get an Asterisk crash in chan_zap.  Any help would be very appreciated.

Calvin Morrow

(Configuration Information)
The zaptel and wcfxs module loads correctly, and show in /proc/zaptel/1

Span 1: WCTDM/0 "Wildcard TDM400P REV E/F Board 1"

           1 WCTDM/0/0 FXSKS
           2 WCTDM/0/1 FXSKS
           3 WCTDM/0/2 FXSKS
           4 WCTDM/0/3 FXSKS

ztcfg runs fine as well, indicating the correct signalling for my FXO modules (FXSKS)

Zaptel Configuration
======================

Channel map:

Channel 01: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 01)
Channel 02: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 02)
Channel 03: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 03)
Channel 04: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 04)

4 channels configured.

zapata.conf is a default sample file, with the last lines modfied for a test channel as shown here:

signalling=fxs_ks
echocancel=yes ; You can set this to 32, 64, or 128, tweak to your needs.
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
echotraining=400 ; Asterisk trains to the beginning of the call, number is in milliseconds
callerid=asreceived
group=1
context=default ; Points to the default context of your extensions.conf
channel => 1 ; Again X is the number of FXO modules you have
To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: