[Asterisk-Users] Vovivda.org & VOCAL & Asterisk

Chris Armour chris.armour at sympatico.ca
Fri Nov 5 14:45:55 MST 2004

Hi folks,

Maybe a dumb newbie question, but we all have to start somewhere! :-)

I just came across the open VoIP project at www.vovida.org (VOCAL). Is there any relationship between this and the Asterisk project? It looks to me as if they are building all the elements of an IP PBX at the protocol level, but they don't have a PSTN interconnect through cards such as those from Digium and they don't have a nice contained package that includes a fully functional PBX. Oddly, their "Useful links" page doesn't list Asterisk.

thanks,

Chris