[Asterisk-Users] weird problem with outgoing calls using chan_CAPI

Robert Bartl robert at bartl.priv.at
Fri Nov 5 13:45:06 MST 2004

Hy,

i've got a weird problem with my newly installed asterisk+ISDN Setup.
The Server has a Fritz!PCI (2?) using the avm Driver for Suse8.2, a
custom Kernel and a Debian Distribution.
The ISDN Card is connected to a small Company Phone Exchange.
Incoming Calls are handled fine, but outgoing calls do not work.

The weird part is that outgoing calls do work when one channel of the
Card is in Use. e.g. i call from one phone, and invoke a outgoing call
from another SIP Client, and voila the call is made and works well..

with capi debug far too many messages are displayed, but i've seen a
difference without debug that might be a hint.

with working calls i see the following line:
       > sent CONNECT_REQ MN =0xe9

with not-working calls
       > sent CONNECT_REQ MN =0x4

I hope anybody might have a hint or idea about this bug.
Asterisk version 1.0.1
Chan_capi version 0.3.5
linux 2.4.26 + fcpci-suse8.2-03.11.02.tar.gz

thx i.a. and bye, robert.