[Asterisk-Users] Questions from an Asterisk newbie

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Fri Nov 5 12:33:12 MST 2004

ty.roach at acecomm.com wrote:
> I have just installed asterisk in the hopes of operating a very simple VoIP
> demo.  The demo environment is as follows:
>
> Asterisk 1.0.2 installed on a Fedora 2 Linux laptop.  The laptop is
> connected to a hub along with two Cisco 7960 IP phones (SIP enabled).  I've
> manually configured the phones setting the IP address of the phones, phone
> names (extensions), the IP address of the SIP proxy (Asterisk server?).
>
> I have not made any modifications to any of the asterisk configuration
> files.

I just did something similar.  I added these lines to /etc/asterisk/sip.conf:

; Grandstream
[1001]
type=friend
host=dynamic

; cisco phone
[1002]
type=friend
host=dynamic

Then I added these lines to /etc/asterisk/extensions.conf
exten => 1001,1,Dial(SIP/1001,200,tr)
exten => 1002,1,Dial(SIP/1002,200,tr)

My phones register as phone numbers 1001 and 1002.  There may be
a better way to do it, but with this config I was able to make
calls...

Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com>