[Asterisk-Users] An anniversary and a lament for FXOs

Walt Reed asterisk at linuxguy.com
Fri Nov 5 11:08:06 MST 2004

On Fri, Nov 05, 2004 at 12:35:37PM -0500, Andrew Kohlsmith said:
> On November 5, 2004 12:25 pm, Greg Boehnlein wrote:
> > While I agree that the "market is ripe" for a multiport FXO card, I
> > would not categorize the X100P cards as failures. Whenever I have opened
> > bug reports on the Bug Tracker, I have had results. In many cases, the
> > if/how the problem is repeatable.
>
> TDM404P is not a multiport FXO card?  Throw two in a system for 8 ports, and
> beyond 8 ports you really should be considering a channel bank anyway.

Yeah, but unless you buy unsupported used stuff, you are talking
somewhere around $2500 - 3000. If you are much over 8 FXO's, you should
probably just use a PRI.

Personally, I'd like to see a modular multi-port (6 to 8) IAXy using the
same modules that work on the TDM4xx. I hate internal cards, and it
would make Asterisk MUCH more portable. No driver or interrupt issues.