[Asterisk-Users] Polycom IP 300 VoiceMail Retrieval

Greg Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Fri Nov 5 10:53:54 MST 2004

Hello,
	I have just picked up a pair of SoundPoint IP 300 phones for
testing purposes, and they work great. Really good quality units for the
price. I only have two complaints/issues with them;

1. The $40 additional cable for POE to work. That sucks.

2. I can't for the life of me figure out the "Single Keypress Voicemail
Access" that they are talking about in the manual;

According to the Polycom manual:

3.6 Advanced Server Features

3.6.1 Voicemail Integration
SoundPoint IP is compatible with voicemail servers. The subscribe contact
and callback mode can be configured per user/registration on the phone.
The phone can be configured with a SIP URL to be called automatically by
the phone when the user elects to retrieve messages. Voicemail access can
be configured to be via a single keypress if only one registration has
voicemail set up. A message-waiting signal from a voicemail server will
trigger the message-waiting indicator to flash.

Configuration file:
ipmid.cfg
For one-touch voicemail access, enable the one-touch
voicemail user preference. For more information, see 4.6.1.2 User
Preferences <user_preferences/> on page 65.

Configuration file:
phone1.cfg
For one-touch voicemail access, choose to bypass instant messages to
remove the step of selecting between instant messages and voicemail after
pressing the Messages button (instant messages are still accessible from
the Main Menu). On a per-registration basis, specify a subscribe contact
for solicited NOTIFY applications, a callback mode (self callback or
another contact), and the contact to call when the user accesses
voicemail. For more information, see 4.6.3.5 Messaging <msg/> on page 124.

Now.. I've added the following in ipmid.cfg;

 <user_preferences up.headsetMode="0" up.localClockEnabled="1"
                    up.oneTouchVoiceMail="1" up.useDirectoryNames="0"
                    up.welcomeSoundEnabled="1"
                    up.welcomeSoundOnWarmBootEnabled="0" />

And have the following in phone100.cfg

 <msg msg.bypassInstantMessage="1">
   <mwi msg.mwi.1.callBack="8500" msg.mwi.1.callBackMode="contact"
        msg.mwi.1.subscribe="100" msg.mwi.2.callBack=""
        msg.mwi.2.callBackMode="disabled" msg.mwi.2.subscribe="" />
 </msg>

Any idea what I am missing?

                             KP-216-121-ST