[Asterisk-Users] wcfxs module doesn't load

Tom Lahti tom at tx3.net
Fri Nov 5 09:03:26 MST 2004

I can't find anything in the archives or wiki that can help me with this
installation issue.

Just got a TDM22B.  zaptel and asterisk checked out, compiled and installed
OK on Slackware 9.1 with custom kernel 2.4.25.

BIOS has "Plug & Play OS Installed" set to "No".  Everything else related
to IRQs is "auto".

root at winchester:~# modprobe wcfxs
/lib/modules/2.4.25/misc/wcfxs.o: init_module: No such device
/lib/modules/2.4.25/misc/wcfxs.o: Hint: insmod errors can be caused by
incorrect module parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters.
       You may find more information in syslog or the output from dmesg
/lib/modules/2.4.25/misc/wcfxs.o: insmod /lib/modules/2.4.25/misc/wcfxs.o
failed
/lib/modules/2.4.25/misc/wcfxs.o: insmod wcfxs failed
root at winchester:~# cat /proc/interrupts
            CPU0
   0:       4788          XT-PIC  timer
   1:          2          XT-PIC  keyboard
   2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  11:        435          XT-PIC  eth0
  14:       3112          XT-PIC  ide0
NMI:          0
LOC:          0
ERR:          0
root at winchester:~# dmesg
Zapata Telephony Interface Registered on major 196
Zapata Telephony Interface Unloaded

/proc/pci does not have an entry attributable to the TDM card.  I have
tried moving the card to a different PCI slot to no avail.  If further
information is needed, please let me know.  I have no idea what else to try
at this point.

--
Tom