[Asterisk-Users] X100P noise on ADSL line.

Gilad Ben-Yossef gilad at codefidence.com
Fri Nov 5 07:15:10 MST 2004

WipeOut wrote:
> Following on from the message below I have discovered that the X100P
> causes the SNR on my ADSL line to drop even with the Asterisk box
> **switched off** and the power unplugged... This seems very strange..
> Why should a card in a switched off PC cause noise on a line meaning
> that it drops out and has to reconnect quite often..
>
> Anyone got any other ideas to try and stop it messing up my internet
> connection cos its causing havoc with my VoIP calls coming in and going
> out over the ADSL line..

Not really helpfull, but just so you'll know - I had a very similar
problem with  Digium bought X101P. Every time the card was connected to
the microfilter the ADSl would drop dead.

I managed to find another bloke with the same problem and had a few
techn support emails with Digium but they could not help me.

I tried replacing the microfilter, adding another filter, building a
reverse filter (don't ask...) - nothing helped.

Then we moved offices and it works great in the new office along side
the ADSL. I have no idea why. There was just something in the old telco
line that made it happen, I guess.

Cheers,
Gilad