[Asterisk-Users] PHP AGI and system call weird behaviour

Emil Friis emil.friis at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 13:02:54 MST 2004

I have played around with http://phpagi.sf.net to get it working with
Cepstral in addition to the Festival support it already has. Even
though I'm not really that experienced with php that was pretty easy
to get working.

I can now use the text2wav function to call the swift engine and make
it generate a wav file that gets streamed back to Asterisk. Everything
works fine when calling the function in a php script executed from the
commandline, but when it gets called from within Asterisk it is as if
there have been pauses inserted between the words. This is both when
playing it through Asterisk and just through mplayer.

Since this only happens when the php gets executed from within
Asterisk, I was hoping someone on the list had a suggestion as to what
is going on. Btw. I can do exectly the same system call from a Perl
agi without getting the pauses between the words.

-Emil