[Asterisk-Users] Limit DTMF tones

Andrew Thompson asteriskuser at aktzero.com
Thu Nov 4 11:59:38 MST 2004

Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:
> On November 4, 2004 12:30 pm, Henry Devito wrote:
>
>>The issue is the inmates have figured out a way to dial long distance
>>numbers by calling different private phone numbers and using that companies
>>DISA to complete calls. So in order to stop that I have to suppress dtmf
>>after so many digits are dialed.  Any idea's?

If you configured a SIP phone to not transmit inband DTMF, would
asterisk translate that to inband DTMF when bridged to an inband DTMF
only connection, ie your POTS line?

Note: Just talking out of my head here, I've not actually tested this...

In any case, chan_sip would be much more likely to be hackable to make
DTMF quit working.

--
Andrew Thompson
http://aktzero.com/