[Asterisk-Users] Re: Hardware Support

Mike Shultz mshultz at vastcs.net
Thu Nov 4 11:15:32 MST 2004

Thanks to everyone who answered my stupid question.  I did not see the
wiki nor an answer to my question on their main site.  My main
experience is with a 3Com NBX 25 which is small and really simple so I
never had to learn much except the dial plan, which is why most of this
is still foreign to me.

I have one more question.  Are there special interface cards for IP
Phone/Network connectivity or is this a job for a basic NIC?  I've been
reading through the wiki on most of the protocols but it doesn't state
what media they run on.  I would prefer to run this over the current
data network I already have as I would not need to run new cables.  I'd
rather not use analog phones at all either so I'm not looking for one of
those S100I media converters.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

--
Mike Shultz
mshultz at vastcs.net