[Asterisk-Users] Multi-line analog phones with Asterisk?

Richard Reina rf_reina at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 4 08:18:38 MST 2004

I am interested in implementing Asterisk and someday
hope to have it replace my 8 x 24 Nortel switch.
However, I was told by a Telcom friend that my multi
line phones (Nortel 7208s) may not work with Asterisk.
 This is a huge concern because in my business we are
constantly jumping back from one line to another
(putting people on hold and grabbing another line and
going back and forth etc.)  Is it possible with
Asterisk to (or are there analog phones that allow )
access multiple lines with the press of a button, so
that if someone says "Richard line 4 is for you", I
can easily put my caller on hold and grab line 4?

Richard