[Asterisk-Users] supposable timing problem with TE100P

Kurt Bauer bauer at cc.univie.ac.at
Thu Nov 4 07:00:21 MST 2004

Hi list,

every now and then I get the following message in my * logs:
chan_zap.c:7379 pri_dchannel: PRI got event: HDLC Bad FCS (8) on Primary
D-channel of span 1

As this is only a notice and voice worked quite well, despite the messages,
I didn't bother.
_But_, I wanted to try spandsp/fax (latest version) lately and whenever I
send a fax to * the pages get chopped, which according to Steve Underwood
points at a timing problem, either in * or Hardware.

I don't know if the messages about FCS errors have smth. to do with the fax
problems, but hope that someone out there has a clue ;-))

BTW, I see a lot of the following messages too:
!! Unknown IE 49 (cs5, Unknown Information Element)
!! Unknown IE 50 (cs5, Unknown Information Element)

If any further information is needed to narrow the problem down please let
me know.

Thanks a lot in advance,
best regards,
Kurt