[Asterisk-Users] asterisk as sip proxy registrar

Frank Kostin frankostin at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 4 03:06:09 MST 2004

I think on the register you have to add also the password ... "oneday" !
e.g.: register => xxxx:password at sip_proxy
rgrds

"Anand S. Katti" <askatti at ece.iisc.ernet.in> wrote:
Hello ALl,

I have Asterisk up and running. Now I want to set it up as sip
proxy registrar. I have few machines with xlite and linphone sip UA's.

How do i register these UA's in asterisk ?

My Asterisk server IP is 10.0.0.2
and my sip UA's IP addresses are 10.0.0.3,10.0.0.4,and 10.0.0.5

When my sip ua's sends reigstration request to Asterisk server, On the
Asterisk console it displays error NOTICE saying

GOT SIP RESPONSE 403 "Forbidden" back from 10.0.0.2

Please let me know if there are any documentation on setting up soft
phones like linphone/xlite with asterisk.

Thanks in advance,
Anand

My sip.conf file looks like this..

;
; SIP Configuration for Asterisk
;
[general]
port = 5060 ; Port to bind to
bindaddr = 10.0.0.2 ; Address to bind to
context = sip ; Default for incoming calls
srvlookups=yes
dtmfmode=inband
allow=all
tos = lowdelay