[Asterisk-Users] Segmentation fault res_features.so

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Wed Nov 3 22:50:20 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-11-04 at 04:57 +0100, Serge wrote:
> Have anyone some idea ?
> Asterisk - latest cvs,
> RedHat9
> Asterisk Dynamic Loader Starting:
>   == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/modules.conf': Found
>  [chan_modem.so] => (Generic Voice Modem Driver)
>   == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/modem.conf': Found
> ITU-2 VoiceModem Driver)
>   == Registered channel type 'Modem' (Generic Voice Modem Channel Driver)
>  [res_adsi.so] => (ADSI Resource)
>   == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/adsi.conf': Found
>  [res_features.so] => (Call Parking Resource)
>   == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/features.conf': Found
>     -- Registered extension context 'parkedcalls'
> Segmentation fault
address and create a clean new message than it is to click reply and
delete all the contents. You also will be behaving as you should and
draw no wrath from those of us who use threaded mail readers.

Also, a back trace is important for a segfault so we know where in the
code base that actually segfaulted. It very well may be the module that
loads right after res_features.so and it faulted before it could let you
know it was loading.

To get a back trace, you need to get the code to drop a core file. Most
linux distros turn off the core dump facility to keep you from littering
the file system with the core files and you not knowing what to do with
them. Use "ulimit 0", see the bash man page for more info. Then you will
need to run asterisk and let it fault. Then you will have the core file.
Check the gdb man page for the order of options, but you need to
reference YOUR asterisk binary and the core file. Once the symbols are
loaded, use the "bt" command. Post that output for someone else to help
you.