[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk 1.0.2, Zaptel 1.0.2, Linux 2.6.9 on a PCEngines WRAP\Soekris net4801 in Compact Flash

Martin List-Petersen martin at list-petersen.net
Wed Nov 3 21:08:21 MST 2004

Citat Kristian Kielhofner <kris at krisk.org>:

> grub 0.94 (serial console)
> linux 2.6.9 (compiled for the Geode SC1100, with many, many modules)
> zaptel 1.0.2 (with ztdummy for 2.6)
> unixODBC with myODBC
> mysql
> perl
> ncurses
> full terminfo database
> OpenSSH
> perl5 (with modules)
> glibc
> full locale support
> full zoneinfo
> asterisk 1.0.2 with res_config and res_config_odbc modules
>
> This (and a lot more, I know that I am forgetting some stuff) fits in
> about 244mb right now.  I want to try to slim it down some more, but as
> a good 256mb CF card is under $40 right now that seemed like an okay
> size to be at.

I usually use pebble (http://www.nycwireless.net/pebble/), which is a customised
Debian for CF usage (read-only installation), originally intended as WLan
accesspoint operatingsystem. That upgraded to Sarge, all odbc, mysql stuff, my
custom asterisk stable packages (http://www.marlow.dk/asterisk) usually ends up
around 210 MB, including a kernel with full wlan, bluetooth and pcmcia
capabilities, all zaptel modules (including zaphfc/qozap) etc.

The whole thing is thought to be run on soekris, wrap or itx boards. Even a
notebook will do. The image can either be run from CF or just pxe booted, if
wanted.

Does the job quite well and is easy upgradeble, because it's still a more or
less default Debian.

Kind regards,
Martin List-Petersen
--
Seize the day, put no trust in the morrow!
		-- Quintus Horatius Flaccus (Horace)