[Asterisk-Users] Automatically restart asterisk if not running

Brancaleoni Matteo mbrancaleoni at espia.it
Wed Nov 3 15:28:04 MST 2004

Hi
Il mer, 2004-11-03 alle 21:41, Matthew Marlowe ha scritto:
> I once found a script, I think it was on the mailing list that would
> run in crontab and restart asterisk if not running... Does anyone
> happen to have a copy of that?

I suggest you to use something like a superdaemon,
ie a process (normally spawned by init) that
checks other processes.
I suggest you monit (http://www.tildeslash.com/monit/),
it can monitor processes in various ways and other
vital system informations. I'm pretty happy
with it (using it in all my * installations)

Matteo
--
Brancaleoni Matteo <mbrancaleoni at espia.it>
Espia Srl