[Asterisk-Users] FireFly Problems

Paul Rodan asterisk at glitch.cc
Wed Nov 3 12:04:36 MST 2004

Ok. For [user_test] I specifically disabled all codecs and ONLY allowed
Ulaw. This seems to have forced firefly into using Ulaw, regardless of
what's checked in the program.

Also, I left dtmfmode as rfc2833 in sip.conf as well as set rfc2833 in
FireFly, and it appears to work. I didn't think rfc2833 could be used on
ULaw, but then again I know little about dtmf, my general rule was "Inband
for Ulaw, RFC2833 for everything else, and stay away from info as I have no
idea what it does"

Also, I had to do "qualify=no" as FireFly apparently doesn't respond right,
I keep seeing "Unreachable" in the "sip show peers" commands for my firefly
clients, even though they can place and receive calls just fine. I just did
qualify=no and now it just says "Unmonitored" or something.  This may be a
bug, I saw the "poke" thing was fixed in IAX, maybe they accidentally broke
it in SIP?

  _____