[Asterisk-Users] Polycom Phones

Peter Osborne pete at bookware3000.ca
Wed Nov 3 07:27:42 MST 2004

Hi,

I have Asterisk running with some Polycom IP 300's. I've noticed that the
default behaviour for these phones is to increment the "missed calls"
indicator whenever you fail to pick up the phone, this is fine if a call is
destined to my extension but often I have calls ringing multiple phones. This
means that the missed call indicator is increased on all the phones that
didn't answer the call.

Now, it seems there is a setting in the Polycom to only increment the
indicator when the SIP server tells it to, I have enabled this option but I
can't figure out how to get Asterisk to send a missed call indicator.

Does anyone have some experience with this?

Thanks,
Pete