[Asterisk-Users] Re: FXO module in TDM400P (UK, BT) - Hangup detection failing

stan at saticed.me.uk stan at saticed.me.uk
Wed Nov 3 06:10:57 MST 2004

On Tue, Nov 02, 2004 at 10:58:39PM +0000, StrUK wrote:
<snip other information>
> I guess my question is: does anyone have polarity reversal hangup
> detection working on a BT line with an fxo module in a TDM400P?

Testing with my fxo module shows that it takes about 8 seconds from
pressing hangup on the mobile phone before hangup is detected in
asterisk (maybe this relates to your 9 seconds).  I'm not sure if this
is when the local exchange sends the polarity reversal or if asterisk is
detecting a hangup in some other way.  I have busydetect=no and
callprogress=no so I'm (AFAIK) not using any "fake disconnect functions"
as per the keypad lights page[1].

If I pick up the phone during the 8 seconds I get a usable dialtone,
which might be worrying if I didn't want people calling certain numbers.
This seems to indicate that the local exchange knows that the mobile has
hungup, as it wouldn't give dialtone in the middle of call.  So perhaps
I dont have polarity reversal hangup detection working, but HTH anyway.

I'm not using the fxo callerid and asterisk is from cvs checkout date
14-Aug-2004 (as downloaded from bri-stuff.0.1.0-RC4a)

my zapata config for the fxo module:

group=1
context=fxo
signalling=fxs_ks