[Asterisk-Users] RE: FXO module in TDM400P (UK, BT) - Hangup detection failing

StrUK asterisk at ermy.net
Wed Nov 3 05:17:44 MST 2004

[apologies if too much context snipped - I'm subscribed to receive
digests. correct me off-list if it's an issue]

* Ian D. Willoughby (Wed, 3 Nov 2004 10:49:44 +0000)

> Are you based in Hastings by any chance (Senlac and all that)?

Heh. No, Senlac is my street name in Romsey, Hampshire.

> I have similar problems with the voicemail but not with users dialing
> in with extensions ringing. I do have a problem that "zap show
> channel" shows the Zap line as OffHook after a call and it never goes
> back to OnHook and asterisk gets confused about channel status.

Hmm. I haven't observed that last issue with mine. When the voicemail
detects the silence, it hangs the FXO channel up and the local status
reports as OnHook.

If I understand some of the previous posts in the archive and what my
multimeter tells me correctly, then the "pop/click" i hear is the
exchange reversing the polarity of my line. The x100p obviously could
detect that and correctly signal the driver that the remote party has
hung up, the FXO module clearly cannot :-(

Mark/