[Asterisk-Users] problem facing on Firewall, NAT and asterisk

Brent Goran brent at netmeme.org
Wed Nov 3 00:25:38 MST 2004

I'm new to Asterisk, but it seems that for clients behind a NAT (e.g. a
typical home router), the way to go is to deploy a SIP proxy such as
SER, and tell the device to use it as an Outbound Proxy. In so doing,
all traffic is tunneled through an outbound TCP connection, with no
back-connections to the client, and the NAT shouldn't be an issue.

Could someone please tell me that I have this correct before I go
chasing it? (Just got Asterisk working, haven't really looked at SER
yet).

Thank you,
Brent