[Asterisk-Users] problem facing on Firewall, NAT and asterisk

prasad_s prasad_s at conceptemsys.com
Wed Nov 3 12:37:09 MST 2004

Hi all,

I am using asterisk, which is running on one machine having static(global) IP.
I have another machine(Internet server with global IP, with firewall) working as gateway for internal machines having local IP starting with 192.168.xxx.xxx.
My SIP client(xten-xlite) is on LAN machine and registers to the asterisk server through this sip phone.
All machines on the LAN, having sip phone are registered to asterisk server.
But the problem is when I call internally between two sip client I don't get voice path between these two sip phones, i.e. I can not talk and hear from both phones,
though I get message on the asterisk server "connected".
Is this because of Firewall and NAT between my sip client and asterisk server?
But then how I get register to asterisk server?
Is there any workaround for this problem

regards
Prasad Somwanshi.