[Asterisk-Users] Linux and Windows

Wilson Pickett wilson.pickett at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 23:40:39 MST 2004

<os wars warning>
Ben,

> Most Windoze folks are so much into their
> Windoze routine, they won't even use a Linux or BSD box if you install

How can you and so many others speak with any authority on this
subject when you don't run both platforms daily? Sounds like Bush
talking about war, which he's never actively participated in. Windows
has advantages as does unix.

The more honest and precise answer is that if you want to use asterisk
with hardware support, you need to use linux now and maybe someday
soon FreeBSD, which is a great OS. I run all three and each system has
many specific things I like about them.

It's true that running asterisk on Windows is more than awkward and
with hardware prices today, it's best to put together a linux box with
old parts and buy the ones you don't have.