[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk 1.0.2, Zaptel 1.0.2, Linux 2.6.9 on a PCEngines WRAP\Soekris net4801 in Compact Flash

Kristian Kielhofner kris at krisk.org
Tue Nov 2 13:50:14 MST 2004

Hello all,

	Here is what I have so far:

grub 0.94 (serial console)
linux 2.6.9 (compiled for the Geode SC1100, with many, many modules)
zaptel 1.0.2 (with ztdummy for 2.6)
unixODBC with myODBC
mysql
perl
ncurses
full terminfo database
OpenSSH
perl5 (with modules)
glibc
full locale support
full zoneinfo
asterisk 1.0.2 with res_config and res_config_odbc modules

This (and a lot more, I know that I am forgetting some stuff) fits in
about 244mb right now.  I want to try to slim it down some more, but as
a good 256mb CF card is under $40 right now that seemed like an okay
size to be at.

I plan on releasing this as a HD image and all of the source and a doc
on how I did it (it was simple).  It is basically a Gentoo stage3 x86
install with the kernel configured, asterisk added and some stuff removed.

I have gotten it to boot and * runs, but I have done no performance
testing or anything of the sort.  I plan on doing some tonight.  If
anything right now it could be a sollution to my "branch office SIP
phones -> IAX2 -> main office * (no transcoding)" idea.

I feel that this combined with a Soekris net4801 + 256mb flash + case +
2.5" hd would make for a really cool Asterisk pbx for under $400 with
semi-standard hardware.  Very DIY.

What should I do with this?  Is anybody interested in any of this?  Has
anyone done anything like this, either with these boards or ITX, etc.?

Let me know, thanks!

--
Kristian Kielhofner