[Asterisk-Users] Linux and Windows

Greg Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Tue Nov 2 13:48:44 MST 2004

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004, Michael Giagnocavo wrote:

> Yes, there is network support.
>
> I tried it out, but the voice quality seemed quite choppy (local machine, P4
> 3GHz). Not sure if it'd actually work for any near-production scenarios.
>
> -Michael

Being partly responsible for AstWind, the answer to that is a categorical
NO WAY! There is no way that anyone, in their right mind, should consider
using AstWind for ANY production level services. The CoLinux kernel
emulates interrupt timing, and as a result is not very accurate. Hence,
choppy audio when disk access happens etc..

CoLinux works great for IAX to IAX or SIP to IAX where no Disk Access is
taking place.

                             KP-216-121-ST