[Asterisk-Users] * and Verisign SIP-7 service

Stewart Nelson sn at scgroup.com
Tue Nov 2 13:32:20 MST 2004

> In what context will Asterisk will require proxying the media stream?

> I have a simple setup whereby I make my FWD account ring my Mediatrix 2102
> as an extension to my Asterisk and the delay is horrific

If FWD is speaking IAX and the Mediatrix is SIP, * must remain in the loop,
even in theory.

If both are SIP, reinvite is enabled, and you meet the conditions
for reinvite to be applicable, media should bypass *.

Even though H.323 and MGCP have functionality equivalent to reinvite,
I believe that * does not support it.

Of course, if both sides are IAX, the transfer occurs automatically.

--Stewart