[Asterisk-Users] adding an artificial delay to *

steve szmidt steve at szmidt.org
Tue Nov 2 10:48:26 MST 2004

On Monday 01 November 2004 09:33 am, Vahan Yerkanian wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Is there a way to add artificial delay to the rtp stream? Due to
> regulations in our country, it is required to add 400ms delay to *some*
> VoIP calls.
>
> Is this possible with any module?
>
> regards,
> Vahan

I'd get that regulation directly from the government, just to verify EXACTLY
what they want. It could be just about anything. Even a false rumor spread
from your phone company to suppress VoIP comptetition.

Our battery manufacturers did the same to stop people from recharging them.
They came out with this fantastic story of how batteries might explode if
charged. Most everyone believed it too.
--

Steve Szmidt

"They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                                Benjamin Franklin