[Asterisk-Users] Zaptel Issue in Fedora Core 2 test 3

James Botham James.Botham at computersoftware.com
Tue Nov 2 09:51:38 MST 2004

Hi,

I have the following error once I have installed asterisk on my new Fedora
Core 2 test 3 box with a T100P, compiled fine no problems after using the
info on voip-info.org but when i run ztcfg i get this error message:

Notice: Configuration file is /etc/zaptel.conf
line 143: Unable to open master device '/dev/zap/ctl'

The cards appear to load fine when i modprobe them  no errors appear but
Asterisk cannot use them when I make a call to the line in question asterisk
doesn't acknowledge them, the config I am using is off my old machine
(identical version same hardware and card just new OS) no errors on its
startup euitither it seems to accept the config fine. | suspect that the
channel has possibly changed but without ZTCFG i don't know how to check,
does anybody have any ideas on a) what this message means and B is there
anyway to see the channel the device is using.

Cheers

James Botham
Client Support Consultant

Computer Software Group plc
www.computersoftware.com <http://www.computersoftware.com>

TALENT Sport Europe's first 'paper' Smart tickets for Reading FC & London
Irish RFC www.computersoftware.com/smartticket.pdf
<http://www.computersoftware.com/smartticket.pdf>
TALENT CRM Electrolux Outdoor Products improve customer service with ROI in
6 months! www.computersoftware.com/eop.pdf
<http://www.computersoftware.com/eop.pdf>

those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.