[Asterisk-Users] OpenSource Proxies ?.

Whisker, Peter Peter.Whisker at logicacmg.com
Tue Nov 2 07:18:25 MST 2004

I have an * switch at home and one in the office. Both similar new CVS head
versions and both with chan_sip2 built in:

Asterisk CVS-HEAD-10/12/04-17:43:26
Asterisk CVS-HEAD-10/13/04-12:53:52

One is on a T1 connection and the other is on 576k/288k ADSL. The Ping time
is about 30ms between the two servers, 90% of which is the ADSL delay.

When I interconnect them with IAX2, I get rather choppy audio - with what
sounds like dropped packets and jitter.

However when I interconnect with SIP is it clean and with no dropouts. The
network path and timings are identical for both protocols and there is
little noticeable difference when I play with the jitterbuffer setting in
iax.conf.

Does anyone have any idea why IAX protocol is causing this kind of problem?
My ADSL is PPPoE which has an MTU of 1492 I think. Could this be causing the
problems?

Peter