[Asterisk-Users] Re: Codecs and echo

Claudio Caballero asterisk at claudio.nu
Tue Nov 2 06:29:31 MST 2004

I have been having this problem since day one of my * installation, and
have concluded that it's just the echo cancellation within asterisk. I
tried all the various options in the .conf files and the compile flags in
the source code, and various codecs, but it still sounds awful (although
the Polycom phones sound better than the Grandstream). The asterisk
wiki/tiki on voip-info rightly recommends getting rid of the echo on the
analog side, but I was unable to do this. So, I'm in the midst of
switching to a T1 interface to avoid analog altogether. I also tried an
AudioCodes MP-108 (MP-1xx) gateway, which does the echo cancellation in
hardware, and that worked just fine. This was in place of the Digium FXO
cards.

Regards,

Claudio