[Asterisk-Users] Re: How far is IAX to be a Standard

Tue Nov 2 02:24:47 MST 2004

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 10:09:41 +0100, niels at wxn.nl <niels at wxn.nl> wrote:

> > There is already one chipmaker who thought that
> > IAX was important or competitive advantage enough
> > to embed it into their chip.
>
> Which?

the PA1688

admittedly, not the best piece of silicon around, and some people who
are using phones which use that chip have reported that IAX support
doesn't seem to be complete as yet, but as I said in an earlier post,
it is always the underdog vendors who seek a competitive advantage
that go for grassroots technologies first.

rgds
benjk

Tokyo, Japan.