[Asterisk-Users] Linux and Windows

Jay Milk jay at skimmilk.net
Tue Nov 2 00:17:53 MST 2004

> Jay Milk wrote:
> > I'm not sure why I'm even discussing the benefits of one operating
> > system over another with someone who can't even spell its name.
> >

> Um, because he's an intelligent and insightful commentatator on the
> various aspects of VoIP in general and Asterisk in particular?

Possibly.  But it doesn't matter how much knowledge or insight someone
has, when, with a few targeted words, he insults 1/3 of the mailing list
by implying that they're lazy gamers who never work.  I was dealing with
such a person a few months ago -- brilliant programmer, but a complete
primadonna.  While he made great progress on the work assigned him, he
disrupted the team and undermined our process.  Took me two sr.
programmers to replace him, but the productivity went through the roof
once he was permanently reassigned to "anywhere-but-here".

> People are still reading this thread because beneath the
> smoke there is
> some technical content worth reading.

I haven't seen much technical content here lately.  Mostly insults.

> Stow the ad hominem stuff and keep your reputation as a good guy.

Agreed... I don't want to step on anyone's toes.  Just don't like having
mine stomped on and tend to kick back.