[Asterisk-Users] Directory app and extension

David Filion dfilion at dotality.com
Mon Nov 1 20:05:01 MST 2004

Message: 5 Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 16:09:09 -0600 From: Brian Roy
<mister.roy at gmail.com> Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Directory app and
extension To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
<asterisk-users at lists.digium.com> Message-ID:
<131664490411011409e6d73b6 at mail.gmail.com> Content-Type: text/plain;
charset=US-ASCII On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 16:21:46 -0500, David Filion
<dfilion at dotality.com> wrote:

>> So, the question is does anyone know of a way to get the extension
>> number when the dial plan context is entered via Directory(), and if so how?
>>
>> David Filion

    David,

    You could always right your own directory application (AGI if you
    want) that reads from Postgres. It would be pretty easy.

    -Chuji

Hi,

The problem isn't reading from postgresql.  In fact there is app_postgres which work pretty well.  The problem is the Directory app doesn't provide appear to provice access to the extension that it has "found", so when it enters the specified context in extensions.conf, we can't refer to the "incoming" extension.  We use the extension to do our db look ups, so with out it we're stuck. :(

David