[Asterisk-Users] Queue Prioritization

Jonathan Moore moorejon at usd465.com
Mon Nov 1 15:37:09 MST 2004

I have a client that uses two queues for a customer support application. One
queue is for english speaking customers. The other is for spanish.

This is a small company and they have one dedicated call agent for answering
spanish calls. They don't get many spanish calls, so this agent is also part of
the english queue. They wish to prioritize spanish queues for this agent over
english. Without any manipulation the opposite is happening. They english queue
seems to swamp the spanish queue. IE no mater how long a spanish queue member
waits if there is an english queue call it will go to the spanish operator.

We are using dynamic queue logins, since the customer prefers this interface. Is
there a way to make the spanish queue have higher priority? I don't know of a
way to prioritize inter queues, but it certainly seems that English gets checked
first. I have tried swaping the order in the queue.conf file and I thought this
had some impact, but the client still reports problems. Are they handled
alphebetically or some other way?

Anyone know how to resolve this?

--
Jonathan Moore