[Asterisk-Users] adding an artificial delay to *

Matt Riddell matt.riddell at sineapps.com
Mon Nov 1 15:01:02 MST 2004

Vahan Yerkanian wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Is there a way to add artificial delay to the rtp stream? Due to
> regulations in our country, it is required to add 400ms delay to *some*
> VoIP calls.
>
> Is this possible with any module?

Sorry I don't know if it is possible with a module (none that I know
of), but you could simply route your calls via New Zealand, and then
through the UK and then to US to terminate to destination.

This all begs the question WHY?@!

Why do you have regulations in your country requiring you to make VOIP
crap?  Government owned telco?

Which country?

BTW:  Depending on your volume of calls, I might be able to offer you
the New Zealand leg of your crazy journey!

:-)

--
Cheers,

Matt Riddell