[Asterisk-Users] Directory app and extension

David Filion dfilion at dotality.com
Mon Nov 1 14:21:46 MST 2004

Hi,

Our company is sharing * with multiple small companies. Our dial plan
makes heavy use of patterns and DB look ups (postgresql) to avoid having
to hard code values, especially since a lot of the dial plan is common
to all the different companies.  The problem we're run into to with the
employee directories.  The directory reads its values from
voicemail.conf, using the context in voicemail.conf as the context to
jump to in extensions.conf.  This means that we need to create a context
in extensions.conf for every company,  duplicating a lot of code.  Now,
we've found a way to still divide each company into separate contexts in
voicemail.conf and have them all just to the same context in
extensions.conf.  However, we need access to the actual extension
number, which does not appear to be passed when the jump to extensions
is made. This appears to result from forcing the context to jump to in
extensions.

So, the question is does anyone know of a way to get the extension
number when the dial plan context is entered via Directory(), and if so how?

David Filion