[Asterisk-Users] H323 or SCCP?

Florian Overkamp florian at obsimref.com
Mon Nov 1 11:38:02 MST 2004

Hi,

On Mon, 2004-11-01 at 18:29, Remco Barende wrote:
> I won't be (able to) doing any debugging, but I could try several
> protocols. I checked the wiki and there are several issues for both
> protocols. The oh323 protocol is tested with several types/brands of
> equipment, on the SCCP onlt a problem with one particular phone is listed
> (does that mean that most other pieces of equipment that speak SCCP simply
> work)?

No. SCCP has changed a bit over the years and different Cisco phone
models etc. Then again, H323 has the same issue: Lots of stuff defined
in standards, but a lot also done in proprietary extensions.

> Is SCCP used widely with * ?

Good question. I have not, only toyed a bit long long time ago with
outdated 12SP phones. Other people ?

Florian