[Asterisk-Users] Can anybody explain the meaning of these messages?

Hadi Jadallah hadi at audiotelecom.net
Mon Nov 1 12:43:48 MST 2004

Hi All,

Am having some problems with a new asterisk installation. I get the following messages, if anybody can shed light on their meaning, I would very much appreciate it.
1- Unable to create formast pipe: Too many open files.
2- Unable to create toast pipe: Too many open files.
3- PRI !! Got reject for frame xx, retransmitting frame xx now, updating n_r!

My current configuration is:
Intel 7501cw2 mobo with Dual Xeon 3.06Ghz
CentOS 3.3 kernel 2.4.21-20.EL.c0smp (gcc 3.2.3 20030502) (Rehat Linux 3.2.3-39))
Intel SCSI SRCU42L with 2 HDD 36GB Seagate U320 as RAID-Mirror
1.4GB Ram.
Asterisk 1.0.1 release
TE410P *2 running Pri-ISDN framing:CCS Coding:HDB3, CRC4, Yellow

Can anybody tell me what is happening and why am I getting these messages? Am I hitting a certain limit?
This only happens when there is a load of calls incoming. At the time I noticed these errors,
The system recorded 4000 incoming calls with an average of 20 seconds.
For me, this does not make sense as it means am getting lots of calls being disconnected.

Can anybody help?

Yours,
Hadi Jadallah,
IT Manager,