[Asterisk-Users] Problem with Cisco 7905 "Not Acceptable Here"

John Lange john.lange at bighostbox.com
Mon Nov 1 10:43:55 MST 2004

Thanks that suggestion has shed some light on the problem.

I have only the g729 codec allowed and I have the licenses and the codec
installed on asterisk. Calling works fine in, out, and between
extensions so the codec is setup fine.

The only time I get that error is if I call an extension that is in use.
I assume this is normally the time some sort of callwaiting sound would
play.

As a test I disabled the g729 codec and enabled only ulaw and the
problem went away so it is clearly a problem with the 729 codec and the
call waiting sound.

Now that I have isolated the problem I will post a new thread.

Thanks.

John Lange

On Mon, 2004-11-01 at 11:23, Eric Wieling wrote:
> John Lange wrote:
> > Asterisk seems to have a problem with the Cisco 7905. If the user is on
> > the phone with another call, asterisk reports:
> >
> >     -- Executing Dial("SIP/206.XX.XXX.XXX-08f899d8", "SIP/204XXXXX83|10") in new stack
> >     -- Called 2044XXXXX83
> >     -- Got SIP response 488 "Not Acceptable Here" back from 192.168.1.112
>
> You prolly have allow=all in sip.conf which will allow all sorts of
> codecs that are not supported by the Cisco.  For testing do disallow=all
> and allow=ulaw.  If that works you can try allow'ing the codec you want
> instead of ulaw.
John Lange