[Asterisk-Users] Eezee phone?

Jared Watkins jared at watkins.net
Mon Nov 1 10:26:18 MST 2004

Jared Watkins wrote:

> I'm just wondering if anyone knows the story with these...
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5721202362&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT
>

> He claims they support IAX2 and SIP... but almost no history on the
> account selling them.  I didn't see anything in the wiki about this
> company either..
> Does anyone have any history with these phones?
>
> Thanks,
> Jared

Just to follow up.... I got one of these phones from the ebay
reseller...   In short... SIP works great.. IAX2 didn't work at all..  I
couldn't even get it to use the right ports when attempting IAX...  None
of the docs supplied with the phone even mentioned IAX2.. and when I
emailed and ask about other config guides or example configs to get IAX
working.. I was told it is in development and that new firmware comes
out every month...  but no additional help on getting it to work.

I don't have a problem supporting works in development... but this phone
is advertised on ebay as specifically supporting IAX2.. and I saw no
evidence of that.  All the example configs to have it work with asterisk
were using SIP.    I'm now in the process of returning the phone...

Jared