SV: AW: [Asterisk-Users] Firefly 1.9.6 released

Håkan Källberg hk at simulina.se
Mon Nov 1 07:47:23 MST 2004

On Mon, Nov 01, 2004 at 10:00:35AM +1100, Tim Robbins wrote:
> Robert Berg wrote:
>
> >We have had some problems registering the firefly with the Asterisk 1.0.2
> >it
> >seams that IAX version doesn't match? How to solve this?
> >
> Can you provide a little more information on the problems you're having
> with registration? Error messages, from either or both the Asterisk and
> Firefly sides of the connection, would be most useful. Ethereal traces
> would also be good.

I was involved in these tests too - sitting at the Asterisk end. I
have no knowledge about, or access to Windows computer, so I
havn't seen the Firefly in real life.

Anyway: It was possible to connect Firefly to the "Firefly
network" ( green lamp ). It was not possible to connect Firefly to the
"cts-au.freshtel.net network" using IAX. It was not possible to
connect to our own Asterisk/IAX-server. No traffic at all
reached us! But it was perfectly possible to connect to the
same Asterisk server using SIP. The "third party" version of
Firefly was used, freshly downloaded.

No error ( or other ) messages at either end!

As we understand, it *should* be possible to connect to an
Asterisk server using IAX2, shouldn't it? It seams not to be
anything more to configure than "hostname", "username" and
"password". How can this go wrong??

Thanks in advance!			Håkan