[Asterisk-Users] Failover: iconnecthere to voicepulse

James Bowman jamesb at acelere.net
Mon May 31 22:34:10 MST 2004

Hi all,

I'm working on a setup for a small office.  I'd like to use SIP/iconnecthere
most of the time, because they're cheap.  But they only allow a single call.
When the single iconnecthere line is in use, I'd like to use IAX2/voicepulse
instead:

exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,1,Dial,SIP/BYEXTENSION at iconnect
exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,2,Dial,IAX2/npI42VoD38 at voicepulse/${EXTEN}

Well, it's not working because iconnecthere actually picks up the second call
and plays a message.  So nothing ever gets to line 2 above.  I got quite
excited when I saw the sip.conf option:

outgoinglimit=1

Which one might expect would prevent 2 concurrent calls on iconnect.  But that
doesn't seem to have any effect.

So I've been wondering if there is another way.  I guess I could spawn a
system command that goes and looks at the current SIP connections.  But that
seems a bit desperate, not to mention prone to race conditions.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
--
James Bowman