[Asterisk-Users] digium card fax detect AND spandsp

Ryan Courtnage ryan at voxbox.ca
Mon May 31 14:56:57 MST 2004

Hi all,

I've run into 2 separate problems relating to fax:

1) Using tdm400p + fxo, Asterisk is unable to detect the fax from some
fax machines (from others it can).  Using zap barge, I can confirm that
these troublesome calling fax machines _do_ send the fax tone loud and
clear.  Are there certain circumstances where I should expect a Digium
card to fail in detecting a fax?

2) Using spandsp & rxfax, I can consistently reproduce a problem where
my client's * box cannot receive a fax sent from Windows-based HotFax.
HotFax hangs up with error "Phase B Error".
Watching the verbose * console, it appears that there is some useful
communication between spandsp and the HotFax (output is here:
http://voxbox.ca/tmp/rxfax.html).

Oddly enough, faxing between HotFax and spandsp _used_ to work, before
I switched her * box over from an x100p to a tdm400p+fxo (although I
can't be 100% certain the card change is to blame, since zaptel and
asterisk have also both been updated).

Any comments on either of these issues is appreciated,
Thanks
RC

Ryan Courtnage
Coalescent Systems Inc