[Asterisk-Users] RE: H323

T. Chan tommy.chan at utimail.com
Mon May 31 14:56:03 MST 2004

Dear All,

I have used Asterisk for a few months and I have been using a January CVS
version, it has been working but has been regularly crashing. I use Asterisk
mostly as a softswitch application receiving H323 calls from customers and
send to H323 carriers. Since I have been using an older CVS version, the
OpenH323 and Pwlib libraries in use have been 1.11.7 and 1.4.11
respectively.

I was thinking of using a current asterisk version and see if it is more
stable comparing to the version in use. I upgraded to new version, and I
understand that with the new version and the H323 code, I need to use the
1.12.2 and 1.5.2 versions of the OpenH323 and Pwlib libraries respectively.
I have, therefore, erased the whole Pwlib and Openh323 folders, recreated
with the new versions and did the ./configure.....make clean.....make opt
procedures to compile the drivers.

I have then compiled all the zaptel, libpri, asterisk as usual, but when I
ran the asterisk, I noticed that most calls (calls mostly were sent from
Cisco AS5300 and Cisco AS5350) were getting one way audio, the calling party
was not able to hear anything even the call was connected, I am not sure if
the called party would hear anything, but obviously something is not working
properly.

Can any of your experts out there help please, thanks?

TC
---