[Asterisk-Users] Linksys

Greg Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Mon May 31 12:07:13 MST 2004

On Mon, 31 May 2004, Tony Hoyle wrote:

> Stefan de Konink wrote:
> > Is Asterisk not a *little bit* too much for that processor? SER could be a
> > better choice?
>
> The asterisk binary alone is larger than the total flash ram space on the linksys.
>
> I really doubt it's going to work....

That assumes that compiling for the MIPS w/ uClibc is going to result in a
binary that is similar in size to that of an x86 binary, which isn't
neccessarily going to be true.

There are several other tricks that could be used to reduce the size of
the binary and associated modules. Just comes down to taking the time to
do it.

I just picked up a WRT54G yesterday to replace a failing Gateway Router
and found myself asking the exact same question. I.E. how can I use the
WRT54G to fit in with my Asterisk system?

SER might be an interesting option, though! :)

                             KP-216-121-ST