[Asterisk-Users] Crc4 issues

Storer, Darren starusers at comgate.tv
Mon May 31 10:59:24 MST 2004

Hi Paulo,

PM> This is our 2nd E1 client that we try to use crc4 either with the
PM> e100p or with the e405p without luck.

PM> After some trials, we ask the telco to switch off crc4 on their side
PM> and everything works flawlessly.

[span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4,yellow] looks good as it uses CRC4 and sets the
timing to be synchronised with the clock coming in from your Telco's switch.
You do not mention what sort of switch you are trying to connect to and what
sort of physical cabling (including length) is used for connection to the
Telco (Coax, baluns, 120 Ohm RJ45 etc.)???

On the occasions where CRC4 has proved to be a major problem from Asterisk
to the Telco's switch, bad cable termination on the frame proved to be the
problem and as soon as the connections were re-made properly CRC4 worked
perfectly.

I would also refer you to a recent comment from Critch who advised that
Asterisk systems should be power cycled when changing CRC4 and timing
settings for PRI. I agree with Critch _completely_; you must 'init 6' the
system when you make PRI changes otherwise you will obtain false results and
waste a lot of time.

If the comments above do not help perhaps you could provide a bit more
background information and then someone on the list will be able to assist.

HTH

Darren
--
Comgate