[Asterisk-Users] D-Channel Problems

Kevin Walsh kevin at cursor.biz
Mon May 31 08:15:01 MST 2004

> I'm hoping that someone can help me.  Perhapps i'm overlooking the
>  obvious, in truth, I hope that I am.  I've scoured the mailing list and
>  google, and haven't come up with much.
>
> I have a Digium T400P thats been connected to a channel bank for testing
> for some time now.  all has been well.
>
> I've now just had installed a PRI from Allegiance Telecom.  All 23 chanels
> are active, and they've told me that the 24th is the dchannel.  switchtype
> is Lucent 5ess.  Trunk is esf & b8zs
>
> [/etc/zaptel.conf]
> span=1,1,1,esf,b8zs
> bchan=1-23
> dchan=24
> loadzone=us
> defaultzone=us

Note that I don't have any of the equipment you mentioned, so I may
have little or no idea of what I'm talking about.  I thought I'd post
this anyway, as it might fall into the "overlooking the obvious"
category.

Have you tried different values in the "span" directive, in your
"zaptel.conf"?  You may want to try this setting:

    span=1,0,0,esf,b8zs

That's all I can think of.

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin at cursor.biz