[Asterisk-Users] Need guides on setting up PDA on asterisk server

Dave Wilson dave at autosdirect2u.com
Mon May 31 02:33:42 MST 2004

>pda compaq model 3680
>pda sharp sl5500
>access point
>desktop(asterisk)
>

>can i apply my idea on the asterisk? any guides? thanks in advance :)

Hi, I'm not sure about the compaq (depends if it can run OpenZaurus) but
there is an IAX client available for the sharp which runs on the sharp rom
or Openzaurus 3.3.5 see http://www.kauss.org/Stephan/ziaxphone/index.html

I've not had a chance to test it yet on my Zaurus, however I'm told by the
developer that normal earplug headphones can be used, with the left ear
functioning as a microphone.

Good luck and please let me know if you find it works well for you. I'm
particularly interested in how it all affects battery life as I find I only
get about an hour of solid usage on my Zaurus when having wi-fi enabled.

Dave